Monday, August 24, 2015

Alice Coltrane: Journey In Satchinanda

7.8/10

As I walk through the hills the strings flowed over me like those I first heard on Revolver.  I thought this was a jazz album.  Most jazz has been work for me that is only relieved by it being a breakthrough of form or the perfection of the form.  Small masterpieces offer no relief I need a Bitches Brew or A Love Supreme.  There's a hypnotism to the strings that makes them feel druggy immediately, that feeling also isn't help by the Beatles bringing them to the masses at the beginning of there more psychedelic drug use.  Sunshines and cool breezes sweep over putting me in a continous trance until the claps bring the close.  An experience of pure bliss, that while I may not think of it as once of the most substantial of my life it is one I would easily slip back into.

No comments:

Post a Comment